Plumbing has come a long way since its first known use in the Harappan civilization 5,000 years ago. Nearly a century ago plumbing became commonplace in the modern cities across the Western world. Cities were built on the infrastructure of drainage and plumbing to transport water and sewage between the plants and various buildings. Since then indoor plumbing has gained so much popularity that it can be seen in nearly all the urban cities across the world. Which further led to us taking it for granted unless there is a plumbing crisis. Firms such as Brisbane Plumber help you to deal with any plumbing crisis and maintain the indoor plumbing in your residential as well as commercial building.
Importance of Regular Maintenance
Experts such as the team of Brisbane Plumber agree that the plumbing systems of a home should be checked at least once in every 2 years. However, most people would consider it ridiculous. Therefore, let’s look at why maintenance of plumbing is crucial:
- Water Heater: Water heaters start to become corroded and prone to leaks after a certain lifespan. Their efficiency diminishes, and they cannot produce sufficient hot water. In such cases, the plumbers can check these heaters to see if they can be salvaged and how long it may continue to work as well as replace them if need be.
- Back-up Water: Plumbing is responsible for transporting clean water to the house as well as removing the used water from the house. It should be regularly checked that these pipelines are at the specified distance from each other to ensure that no cross-contamination can take place and the water which you get is safe for consumption.
- Mold: These are tiny fungi which occur in hidden and moist conditions, such as that created by leaking water. They can cause several respiratory and other health problems in varying severity for the people living in the house. Regular maintenance of the indoor plumbing system also helps to detect these and take necessary measures to remove them.
- Hidden Leaks: With regular wear and tear of the pipes, minor leaks can develop over time which can pose a greater threat if they are left untreated. The plumbers can detect these leaks during the regular maintenance to repair them or replace the pipes to protect them against further damage.
- Lead: Consumption of lead is proven to be extremely dangerous. However, before the dangers of lead were known, pipelines used to contain lead in them. This is why several houses which were built before the ban, still have lead pipelines. In this case, the pipelines and the lead content in the drinking water should be regularly checked to ensure that it is safe to drink.
As you can see, regular maintaining of your plumbing system helps you to detect any potential problems and eliminate them during the early stages. This helps make the plumbing system long-lasting and also protects the walls and foundation of the house from potential damages. Plumber agencies such as Brisbane Plumber perform a thorough analysis of the plumbing system and repair or replace all the parts necessary.
Brisbane Plumber is a team of reliable and certified plumbers who provide their services not only in Brisbane City but also in the suburbs nearby. They are a one-stop solution for all your plumbing, drainage as well as gas maintenance and repair. They are one of the leading plumbing services in Brisbane and offer 24 hours service for any emergency as well as planned renovations. They aim to provide the best quality service at the most affordable cost. You can call or email them to talk to an expert and get a free quote.